The museum building is the original Rodney Irrigation Trust Building built in 1888.
The irrigation scheme for the western Goulburn Valley was developed here.
The irrigation scheme and infrastructure has undergone many changes in the years since 1888.
The Rodney Irrigation Trust became part of the State Rivers and Water Supply Commission which covered the irrigation services for the whole of the State of Victoria .
Later this became known as the Rural Water Commission, then the Rural Water Corporation and this has now been has now been broken up into regional bodies.
Sketch of Rodney Irrigation Trust Building c.1888
Photo of Original Irrigation Trust Building
A simple, robust device to measure water volumes on to land for irrigation. Volumes are recorded on an inbuilt revolution counter in megalitres. It was designed by senior-engineer John Stewart Dethridge, a commissioner with the State Rivers & Water Supply Commission.
Irrigation Dethridge Wheel
Goulburn Murray Water
Tatura is now the centre for Goulburn Murray Water and the headquarters in Casey Street employs several hundred people.
We have an extensive collection of photographs and written archives relating to the irrigation schemes in the Tatura district.
Aerial View of the new Goulburn Murray Water headquarters in Tatura